To install uniCenta oPOS v4 MySQL is required
New uniCenta oPOS users
uniCenta oPOS v4.1 is only available with an installer for Windows XP through to Windows 10
uniCenta oPOS v4.2 is the latest available release. Installers include Windows : Linux : Linux-64 and Mac OS X
The Java 1.8 JVM is required.
MySQL 5.5 or later is required.
Support for PostgreSQL will be included in a later release.
If you already have Java and MySQL installed then you’re good to go.
Existing uniCenta oPOS users
Apache Derby Embedded, Apache Derby Client/Server, HSQLDB and Oracle Express databases are no longer available in uniCenta oPOS v4 series.
uniCenta oPOS v3.70, and later, with a MySQL database will automatically upgrade.
v4.2 has a new feature : Database Transfer. It transfers databases from v3.70 through to 3.9x for Apache Derby, MySQL and PostgreSQL.
It is recommended you read the upgrade page.
The web reporting feature is a separate application and regarded as an add-on. It was released October 2016.
It is a WordPress application and requires your own on-premise or cloud hosted web MySQL server.
If you’re a newcomer to uniCenta oPOS and want to use web reporting in your own, local infrastructure there are various options you can deploy. To get up and running quickly you could use something like MAMP. It installs all you will need quickly and easily.
uniCenta oPOS runs on the latest Java version – 1.8 – which enhances performance, stability and security of our app’ on your machine. Installing this free update will ensure that your Java applications continue to run safely and efficiently.
Ease of Installation
MAMP installs a local server environment in a matter of seconds on your computer. It’s free of charge, and is easily installed.
All you need – Apache, PHP and MySQL wrapped up in one simple installer!
More information: https://www.mamp.info
Ease of Installation
- Language : This is the language of the installer not the language for running uniCenta oPOS
- Java JVM : It’s important you choose 1.8 as this is the Java JVM uniCenta oPOS uses.
- If everything OK so far we’re ready to go ahead with installing uniCenta oPOS
- License : Accept. If you don’t the installer will end.
- Directory : Leave as default or one of your choice.
- Link : Click the link to go to the uniCenta oPOS installation help.
- The installer will go ahead and install uniCenta oPOS with those settings.
- Completion : Notification that uniCenta oPOS is installed successfully.
- Readme : Recommend you do as it contains useful getting started information.
- Done : Next step is to run uniCenta oPOS Configuration.