To Install uniCenta oPOS v4 you will need MySQL
Are you a new uniCenta oPOS user?
uniCenta oPOS v4.1 is available with an installer for Windows XP through to Windows 10
uniCenta oPOS v4.2 and later releases has installers for Windows : Linux : Linux-64 and Mac OS X
You need the Java 1.8 JVM.
You will need MySQL 5.5 or later.
Support for PostgreSQL will be included some time in the future in a later release.
If you already have Java and MySQL installed then you’re good to go!
I am an existing uniCenta oPOS user
Apache Derby Embedded, Apache Derby Client/Server, HSQLDB and Oracle Express databases are no longer included in uniCenta oPOS so you will need to upgrade to MySQL using the Database Transfer tool.
uniCenta oPOS v3.70, and later, with a MySQL database will automatically upgrade.
From uniCenta oPOS v4.2 onwards we have included a built-in Database Transfer tool which means you can quickly transfer v3.70 to 3.9x legacy Apache Derby, MySQL and PostgreSQL databases.
If you are an existing uniCenta oPOS user you really should go here and read the upgrade page.
Web Reporting was released October 2016 and is a separate application.
Sitting on top of WordPress as a result you will need your own on-premise or cloud hosted web-based MySQL server installation.
Finally, if you only want to use uniCenta oPOS locally and on your own infrastructure – also termed as self-hosted – you can get up running quickly using something like MAMP. It installs all you will need quickly and easily.
uniCenta oPOS runs on the latest Java version – 1.8 – which enhances performance, stability and security of our app’ on your machine. Installing this free update will ensure that your Java applications continue to run safely and efficiently.
Ease of Installation
MAMP installs a local server environment in a matter of seconds on your computer. It’s free of charge, and is easily installed.
All you need – Apache, PHP and MySQL wrapped up in one simple installer!
More information: https://www.mamp.info
Ease of Installation
- Language : This is the language of the installer not the language for running uniCenta oPOS
- Java JVM : It’s important you choose 1.8 as this is the Java JVM uniCenta oPOS uses.
- If everything OK so far we’re ready to go ahead with installing uniCenta oPOS
- License : Accept. If you don’t the installer will end.
- Directory : Leave as default or one of your choice.
- Link : Click the link to go to the uniCenta oPOS installation help.
- The installer will go ahead and install uniCenta oPOS with those settings.
- Completion : Notification that uniCenta oPOS is installed successfully.
- Readme : Recommend you do as it contains useful getting started information.
- Done : Next step is to run uniCenta oPOS Configuration.