The Information We Collect
This Privacy Statement applies to all information collected by or submitted to uniCenta through the Site, including personal information. “Personal information” is data that reasonably can be used to identify or describe an individual.
uniCenta collects personal information when:
- you become a registered member on the Site;
- you request that uniCenta contact you;
- you download uniCenta software (where required);
- you download uniCenta Partner software (where required);
- you register for an online training course;
- you make online purchases;
- you request support for a uniCenta product;
- you register for webcasts and other online events;
- you request information or materials (e.g., whitepapers);
- you participate in surveys and evaluations;
- you participate in promotions, contests or giveaways;
- you submit questions or comments to us;
- you subscribe to an electronic mailing list.
The types of personal information collected may include (but are not limited to):
- your first and last name;
- your role in your organisation;
- your organisation’s name;
- your home, billing, or other physical address (including street name, name of a city or town, county, state/province and country);
- your e-mail address;
- your telephone number;
- any other identifier that permits uniCenta to make physical or online contact with you;
- the uniCenta Services product in which your are primarily interested;
- any information that uniCenta collects online from you and maintains in association with your account, such as:
- your uniCenta Services username,
- your uniCenta Services password,
- your credit card account information.
uniCenta also collects more general information about your use of products and services offered on the Site, and your participation in various forums and projects. In addition, our Site uses tracking technologies to record information, such as; (i) the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet, (ii) the Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using, (iii) the browser software you use and your operating system, (iv) the date and time you access our Site, and (v) the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our Site.
Using Your Personal Information
uniCenta uses the personal information you provide to:
- create and maintain your accounts;
- process, fulfill, and follow-up on your orders;
- answer your questions;
- register you in programs (per your request);
- send you information;
- send you newsletters;
- send you surveys.
We also use this personal information, in conjunction with the information collected regarding your purchases and participation in various activities, to provide you with information related to your account and the products or services you purchased from us, to better understand your needs and interests, to improve our service, and to personalise communications.
The Legal Basis for Processing your data
If you are an individual from the European Union (EU), our legal basis for collecting and using your personal information will depend on that information collected. Normally we will collect personal information from you only when:
- we have your consent to do so,
- where we need your personal information to perform a contract with you such as to deliver any uniCenta services you have requested,
- where the processing is in our legitimate interests.
Note: In most cases if you do not provide the requested information uniCenta will not be able to provide you the service you request.
Note: In some cases we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
Where we rely on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw or decline consent at any time. Where we rely on our legitimate interests to process your personal data, you have the right to object.
If you have any questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us [email protected]
Sharing Your Personal Information
uniCenta works with other companies that provide services to us to help us run our business. The companies we work with have declared their conformity to the EU GDPR and those services include but are not exclusive to:
- Hosting our web sites. At this time our current provider is Amazon
- Visit https://aws.amazon.com/compliance/gdpr-center/ for more information
- Our website Content Distribution Network. At this time our provider is Cloudflare
- Visit https://www.cloudflare.com/gdpr/introduction/ for more information
- Processing Credit card payments. At this time our current provider is Stripe
- Visit https://stripe.com/guides/general-data-protection-regulation#introduction for more information
- Sending & Receiving email
- Visit https://sendgrid.com/resource/general-data-protection-regulation/ for more information
Unless you assent, uniCenta will never share any personal information you provide to us except as described below.
- As required by law (such as responding to a valid subpoena, warrant, audit, or government action, or to prevent fraud).
- In the context of a business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, consolidation, or divestiture (pursuant to a pledge of confidentiality under which the recipient agrees to use the information for no purpose other than carrying out the transaction).
Specifically, we do not permit those companies that provide services to uniCenta to use any personal information we share with them for their own marketing purposes or for any other purpose than in connection with the services they provide to us.
Data Subject Access Rights
Customers: You have the right to access, correct and update your personal information. As a customer you can access, correct or update your account information by editing your profile record at unicenta.com
Where we have a legal obligation to gather and store personal information on a transaction invoice or other document and where for example: it may be required at a future time to provide a copy of such legal invoice to HMRC (UK Tax authority), then uniCenta will review any Data Subject Access Rights direct or indirect changes or request.
You may email us at [email protected] with any such Subject Access Request (“SAR”), and we will respond within twenty (20) days.
Your Choices About Receiving E-Mail
uniCenta makes every effort to provide you with the ability to opt-in and opt-out of receiving communications from uniCenta and/or its partners.
uniCenta may send you e-mail about your account, about the products you have downloaded and/or purchased, to remind you about a webcast for which you have registered or a service you have purchased, or in response to your questions. If you choose to receive it, uniCenta may send you our technical newsletter and other related technical information. uniCenta may also send you e-mail with information and/or special offers about products and services that may be of interest to you if you have opted in to such communications. In addition, with your assent, our business partners may send you such information.
You may let us know whether or not you would like to receive information, special offers, and promotional materials from uniCenta or our business partners when you create an uniCenta account, when you register for a service, when you provide us with your personal information, or when we send you e-mail. You may also update these choices in your registration profile at any time. Please note that if you choose not to accept promotional e-mails, you may not receive special offers that may be of value to you.
uniCenta will provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of the newsletter or any of our direct marketing communications at any time. All newsletters and promotional e-mail sent from uniCenta will contain a provision allowing you the option to decline receiving future e-mail. You may unsubscribe to an e-mail communication by contacting uniCenta at the email address provided below and requesting that you be unsubscribed from that specific communication:
To unsubscribe from uniCenta email communications: [email protected]
Cookies and Other Browser Information
Our Site uses certain “cookies” and other tracking technologies. These technologies allow us to remember your interests as expressed by the pages you visit on our Site and to allow the Site to “remember” your login information to facilitate automatic logins (if desired). A cookie is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about your activities on our Site. The cookie transmits this information back to our Site’s computer that, generally speaking, is the only computer that can read it. Some cookies may serve to recall Personal Information previously registered by you. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. You can set your browser to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. You can also set your browser to block or remove cookies; however, if you choose to do so, certain features and functionality of our Websites may no longer be available to you.
Our Commitment to Data Security
Public Forums Reminder
This site often makes discussion forums, mailing lists, wikis, blogs and chat rooms available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information. Exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information. Although we value individual ideas and encourage free expression, uniCenta reserves the right to take necessary action to preserve the forum’s integrity, and protecting your identity such as removing any posting that is inappropriate. Any communications sent to you by third parties are the responsibility of such third parties.
About links to other sites
This Site contains links to other websites. uniCenta does not control the information collection of websites that can be reached through links from our Site. If you have questions about the data collection procedures of linked sites, please contact those companies directly.
How to Contact Us
uniCenta London England
Last amended: 24 May 2018